Welcome to the Avon Trail Tales Newsletter, Issue 2 of 2020. Spring arrived, but a different one from any we have experienced. The seasonal rhythms continue. Bird songs fill the air, while new buds sprout on trees. Flowers begin to appear where once, not long ago, was the snow-covered landscape.
Pandemic worry fills our days. Social distancing is the norm we must follow. We can no longer schedule hikes or gather in groups for events. Avon Trail wishes everyone good health through this pandemic crisis. The trail is open. Volunteer monitors have walked the entire path to keep it safe for hiking. Please use common sense when hiking the trail. See the hiking rules as outlined on the Avon Trail home page. Enjoy the trail.
IN THIS ISSUE:
- President’s Message May 2020
- Sign of Spring – Trillium in Ontario
- Bridge Out – Trail reroute in Place
- Hiking with Kids
- What Kind of Hiker are You?
- Hiking the Health Valley Trail – February 16 Family Hike
- Tuesday Morning Ramble Performance at Show & Tell
- More from a Hiker’s Perspective
- Reflections on Avon Trail’s East and West Nith