On January 26th, a destructive fire occurred at the Forest Motel on Forest Road near Stratford. The motel was reduced to smoldering ashes beyond repair.
The Schelhaas family is one of our Avon Trail landowners. ( Forest Road to Line 33).
As an all-seasons accommodation, The Forest Motel had a skating rink for rent to the public. It offered snowshoeing rental and self-guided hikes on their grounds as a respite from the isolation felt as we battle this pandemic.
Kim, Conroy and their family supported the Avon Trail in numerous ways for many years. Our hearts go out to them at the loss of this jewel. Please keep the family in your prayers.