Trout Creek Bridge 2016 (11 photos)
1) Above - Trout Creek at low water. In the spring run-off, the water level can be up 6 or 7 feet.
2) Above - One morning’s work to prepare the ‘sleepers’ for the two hydro poles.
3) Above - The next morning’s work: the hydro poles arrive.
4) Above - A sling is used to transfer the pole from the trailer to the sleepers.
5) Above - A 35 foot pole allows for a bridge placement on higher ground.
6) Above - Moving the second hydro pole into place.
7) Above - The Kubota tractor operated by landowner, Scott, is right in the middle of the creek!
Fortunately the water level is low.
8) Above - The decking is screwed down and the ‘under sling’ for supporting the hand rail is secured.
The old bridge provides a useful scaffold.
9) Above - The Team > Great work guys!
10) Above - Securing the deck.
11) Above - Thanks to a great volunteer team and a generous landowner, Scott, great progress was made.
The hand rail will be installed at a later date.